Friday, October 10, 2014

Monster Mash


You know this monsters your little is like... ok your little BECOMES, when they start having a HUGE tantrum over absolutely NOTHING at all and EVERYTHING all at the same time? I am talking the kicking, screaming until they are horse, has you blinking back tears nothing you do works kinda monster tantrum?

My favorite tantrum was this morning...when my six year old was screaming so loud I am shocked the police did not show up, because he could not find his underwear. The underwear that we laid out the night before with the rest of his close, in order to try and avoid these tantrums in the morning. So after a wile I finally walked into the living room where he insisted on getting dressed to see if I could hunt down his underwear.

Though I was beyond pissed at this point because he has thrown and kicked numerous things, I was even more pissed to have to say "ummm hun your underwear is sitting under your left hand."

I was quite happy. Here I was thinking awesome that was quick his underwear was in his hand problem solved right? HA WROOONNGG!!!!!

What did my little love say to me? At the top of his lungs he screamed "YOU JUST HATE ME!!"

Wait what? I just saved the day, I found the missing, not so missing, underwear that was in your hand the entire time and I hate you?

Welp his fit went on for most of the morning over anything and everything. From the underwear to me just hating him to what I made him for lunch to wanting to wear his sandals when it was only 40 something outside this morning, and not to mention it was gym day and I nicely (or as nicely as I could manage at that point) reminded him that if the school called and said that I had to bring sneakers for hi for gym class or he was going to have to sit out, that I would simply say sorry he has to sit out today I'm not bringing sneakers. It went on and on and on and on and on.

But then.....oh yes then. He really did it. This little one had the audacity to turn to me while walking down the front porch steps to the bus and SMILE!!

That's right SMILE and say love you mom see you after school! Like...that was it...like nothing had happened at all. Like that awful screaming didn't just make me want to poke my ear drums out all morning.

and because I do I said I love you too have a great day, and I waved, but God knows in my head I'm thinking...

yup ok love you too...I'm gonna be laying under your bus as it drives away...don't worry about the thud...just tell the driver to keep on going!

yup.....we all have those moments...I'm just dumb enough to put them in print ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment