Thursday, September 11, 2014

Reality Addict


Hi my name is Julie...and I am a reality TV addict!

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step right?

I don't watch all the reality TV shows but I am a HUGE fan of the housewives franchise. After my husband made fun of me for it I sat down and tried to figure out why it is that I am so addicted and in love with these shows and this is what I came up with....

I am a mother of three, not just three kids but three boys! Any mother of boys knows why that is a huge reason.

Two of my boys have special needs, that means as any mother of a special needs child knows that I am ALWAYS fighting with schools, making meetings, appointments, writing letters and spending endless hours locking myself in the bathroom so I can attempt to hear what the person on the other side of the phone is saying.

I am a woman, that means I have emotions that my husband, being a man (sorry men its true we are just not wired the same) does not always understand.

I watch these shows because I LOVE seeing that there are people out there who actually have more drama in their lives than I do! I mean it! It makes me take a breath and say thank you Lord I am not the only one who deals with drama. I am not the only one who has to put out fires, I am not the only one who has people whispering  behind my back and smiling to my face. (however they are not whispering about my latest cheating scandal like on the shows but more about how I must be a bad parent because my child had an outburst in a public place not taking into account that he has aspburgers and was way over stimulated at the time.)

I get a serious thrill out of watching these shows and it honestly makes me feel better if only for the hour that its on. Or well...the hour that its recorded on my DVR because lets face it I don't have time to watch it when its on or actually sit and watch an entire show in one sitting.

So if I actually get time to sit with a glass of wine or can of soda (I don't drink coffee and even though soda is sooo bad for you this mama needs to get her caffeine fix one way or another)and watch a reality TV show why not do it?

So mamas down in the comments I'd love to hear your reality TV favorites, and if you like what your reading feel free to share the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment